AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Control with Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2019 15:16 (#7266746 - in reply to #7266667)
Subject: RE: Liquid Control with Agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
So the ag leader liquid control module can directly control the motorized control valve? To me that would be simpler then setting up a pwm on the pump. Plus then we could run a ground drive pump if we wanted to. The only issue I could see with that would be adjusting flow with a section shut off. We would also need to run row shut offs through the liquid control module in order to change the rate as sections are shut off so we aren't dumping 12 rows of product into 6 rows when those rows get shut off in the points. Thanks for all the info. This at least gives me a good baseline, and gets me the right questions to ask my dealer.

REPLY:

Yes, the Ag Leader can control a motorized control valve in either the inline (throttling) or bypass plumbing arrangement. With inline, the control valve directly adjusts the flow going to the ground. With a bypass control the control valve indirectly controls the amount getting to the ground by adjusting the amount that is allowed to return to the tank. This is done by attaching the control valve a tee in the product line ahead of the flow meter to allow excess to return to the tank. This requires the reverse operation of the control valve since to get less to the ground means the control valve must open to allow more back to the tank. There is a choice in the configuration setup where the operator chooses which style plumbing is being used.

Since a ground driven piston pump is a positive displacement type, the bypass plumbing method must be used. When sections are turned off, the system opens the control valve to let more return to the tank so the applied rate for the sections that are still On is correct. With a centrifugal pump generally either plumbing method works fine. The inline arrangement is more obvious and uses less fittings. There is a setting to specify how the control valve should operate when all booms are Off.

The Ag Leader can be programmed in many ways to work with the switch box. One way would be to have the section 1 switch control section 1 of each product. This would be repeated for the other sections. One of the extra switches could be ON/OFF for Product 1 and another be ON/OFF for Product 2. In normal use all those switches would be On and auto swath would shut off the sections for you.. If you wish to use only Product 1, shut off the switch for Product 2 etc. There are other possibilities as well.

There are some other options with the liquid module as well. There is a pin that is available that could open a Master Dump Valve when all the sections are OFF allowing all the output from the pump to return to the tank.

Edited by tedbear 1/24/2019 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)