AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Control with Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2019 12:16 (#7266403 - in reply to #7266261)
Subject: RE: Liquid Control with Agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

KIAB - 1/23/2019 11:07

Thanks for the rundown. I'll do my best to cover everything you talked about:

Pumps- I am planning on a hydraulicly driven centrifugal pump, due to the flow I would need. We will be putting up to 35 gpa down with a 12 row planter, meaning we will need 12 gpm at least. This just seems like the easiest option, and if it comes down to it replacement parts can be had at the local farm store for ACE pumps vs needing to get them shipped from somewhere.

For section control: The tower system that will be running starter hooks directly with our Ag Leader Integra, through a liquid control module. So it will have rate mapping and section shutoffs... This is why I wasn't as worried about that for the 2x2. A PWM on the pump was one route I was curious about. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on them, specifically how I would get one to interface with the integra. I know I would need another liquid control module, and multi product unlock (which we have). The seed population will actually be controlled through a precision planting 20/20, so we would actually only be running liquid off of this ag leader monitor.

So for a control valve, could I get a Raven hydraulic control valve and use that to control pump speed? Would that be able to interface with the AgLeader? Could I get a TeeJet hydraulic control valve, use our older TeeJet sprayer monitor to control rate, and then just piggy back the section control off of the starter? Rate control isn't a huge concern, but it would be nice to bump it from say 35 gpa, to 30 gpa, to 25 gpa or something similar. Once again it wouldn't be bad to have that on the ag leader, but im not sure it would be worth what it sounds like it may cost. That sounds pretty similar to what you were talking about with the raven controller. And that may end up being the best way to go since we already have a teejet controller. Thanks for the input.

A second Liquid module could be used especially since you already have the multi-product unlock.  A configuration is created which contains information about each product.  When the configuration is first used the system will look to determine if two liquid modules are present and then ask which module is working with which product (it uses the module serial number).  From then on, it will be expecting that the two modules continue to work with those products.  This would require another flow meter, control device and section valves whether you went the Ag Leader route or the Raven route. The Liquid Product Control module is capable of controlling a PWM hydraulic valve to vary the speed of the pump.  The module can handle this directly since the hydraulic control valve doesn't require much current. Another choice would be to run the pump at a constant speed and use a motorized control valve in the actual product line. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)