AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid Control with Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2019 08:49 (#7265911 - in reply to #7264439)
Subject: RE: Liquid Control with Agleader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There would be lots of possibilities for pumps. There are 12V electric pumps, ground driven piston pumps, hydraulically driven centrifugal pumps, hydraulically driven piston pumps, PTO pumps and many others. Each has their own advantages/disadvantages. The 12V electric pumps can have problem with higher volumes. A problem with hydraulically driven pumps might be a shortage of hydraulic SCV's or hydraulic capacity on the tractor etc. In my own case, I needed a tractor with 5 SCV's and a large hydraulic pump.

Likewise there would be several approaches to section control and rate control. Many Ag Leader displays could work with this. If the Ag Leader display is working with the seed or another product, the multi-product unlock would be needed. I have used an Insight, Integra and now InCommand 1200 on two different planters. The Ag Leader system for rate and section control would require either an Auxiliary Input Module and appropriate switch box OR an Ag Leader CAN switch box which contains the switches and the Auxiliary Input Circuitry inside in the tractor. An Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module is also needed. Depending on the layout this might be mounted on the tractor or planter. It would be physically close to a flow meter (often Raven), and a control valve (often Raven). Yet another option for control would be to use PWM to control the speed of the pump. The flow would then be routed to the section valves.

If a centrifugal pump is used with a control valve, the control valve can be mounted inline. If a different style of pump is used it might be necessary to plumb the control valve in a bypass arrangement where it controls the amount returning to the tank.

You mention piggy backing the section valves so that they are triggered by your other valves. Another thought using that idea would be to use a Raven 440/450/460 for the rate control. The Raven can be wired to that when the other system triggers a 2 x 2 valve ON, the Raven is informed of this and handles the rate control correctly. Essentially the Master switch on the 440/450 is left ON and the boom section switches are left OFF. The other system triggers the valves as appropriate and backfeeds the Raven as well. This arrangement would not give any coverage or rate maps of the product which might be acceptable to you.

There are lots of other possibilities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)