AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

80% Rule
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NoDakFarmer
Posted 1/22/2019 09:13 (#7263456 - in reply to #7263351)
Subject: RE: 80% Rule

SE ND
JC STONE - 1/21/2019 20:32

So even if the 80% rule is valid on price , nothing tells us when. It could be this week , this month , next year. So here we are again. Higher prices are just around the corner some say, when is just around the corner, before I need to sell , after I need to sell. What if I am offered a profitable price before price hits the median line, will I take it.
So without knowing when , even if we know price , our success is somewhat limited. And we even don't know price , we know a range of prices because of the uptrending median line. So I will use this tool in addition to others, looking for ways they compliment each other.
I think it was in 2016 when Fry called the high in corn. Boom she hit the median line and well as intersected with a prior major top during a peak seasonal sell time frame. Now that I can use.
But to think I can predict price to be x on y is just pure folly with any methology.

I'll give you credit, you are really trying to figure it out. But you keep asking questions here without doing any of your own work. It is very hard work. I don't understand it all and never will. Nobody will. Sometimes forks are flat and the passage of time means little to where the path of price suggests it will go. We are dealing with that in beans right now actually. Most times however, the passage of time changes where the ML suggests price will go. So think about it, if your fork is upsloping, what is that telling you about the passage of time and price?

Edited by NoDakFarmer 1/22/2019 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)