AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rotation grazing Trying to get started
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Beer money farms
Posted 1/20/2019 23:43 (#7260465)
Subject: Rotation grazing Trying to get started

Almost god’s country
In a perfect world could start set up set and forget. Unfortunately bank account isn’t agreeing.
Went to a holistic management meeting a few weeks ago and are saying intense and give time to rest. I liked the idea of it and so on. Said he had one failure a guy went all in when he wasn’t financially stable enough and did wasted and everything

I talked dad into letting me try on one or 2 pastures where water won’t be an issue

I’m thinking I will run 2 wires and move fairly often or frequently. Daily moves would be neat but I don’t think I have the patience or time, was thinking weekly or if possible twice a week. Wasn’t sure if anyone had some advice on it. To fence across a creek and how to hold cows out from breaking wire down, also advice on moving mineral/ creep feed or if we will have a decrease in the need for it with theoretical more nutrition in grass all year? If you can help me out on any part I would appreciate it the more input the better. Just a test but I want it to go swell.

(8D3F4EAE-74E3-4D04-BAD0-ADFEA1D61719 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8D3F4EAE-74E3-4D04-BAD0-ADFEA1D61719 (full).jpeg (100KB - 248 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)