AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does Novatel have a receiver like WM-topo?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 1/20/2019 21:22 (#7260173)
Subject: Does Novatel have a receiver like WM-topo?

C IL
Kind of similar to the post below, I’m facing a bit of a crossroads.

We are running a bunch of Trimble stuff on radio-based RTK off of a community tower. I’m a little frustrated because the tower wasn’t surveyed in correctly, it’s off about 8’ in one direction and 5’ in another, so if you lose RTK lock everything goes really wacky. But you play the hand you are dealt.

Due to a series of choices that made sense at the time, going all the way back to the mid-2000’s when we first got on RTK, we also have a a set of stand alone Novatel RTK units, (2) 6500’s and a FlexPak6 (I think).

We can all see the way the wind is blowing - autonomy, data management, etc. I would like to get away from the systematic bias of the community tower when it comes to location. I also need to be able to get down into ditches and get onto pins and exact locations to get accurate elevations (tiling) and boundary points (FSA maps, field boundaries for swath control offsets, etc.). Having the 6500 tied to a field computer in a truck by a wire is limiting for survey.

I have a pretty good handle on what Trimble offers. Anyone know if Novatel has a WM-topo type solution? Rover on a stick with batteries and presumably a Bluetooth sync to a data collector (I suppose an iPad or iPhone would be a modern solution).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)