AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FieldIQ, Ag Leader DC Motor Driver, Popup Pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/21/2019 08:22 (#7260723 - in reply to #7260627)
Subject: A little more on Raven Flow meters

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the Raven RFM-15. I have two on my 24 row planter.

One is used for starter fertilizer and is connected to an Ag Leader Application Rate Module. This module just monitors but does not control the starter fertilizer. Since the starter is pumped by a ground driven piston pump, the rate is changed by adjusting the stroke of the piston pump.

The other RFM-15 is part of the spray system on the planter. It is connected to an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module. This module has the ability to work with sections and controls the spray rate by working with a motorized control valve in the product line. A hydraulically driven centrifugal pump on the tractor delivers the spray product from SideQuest tanks on the tractor back to the planter. The flow meter, control valves and section valves are located on the planter.

I also have an RFM-60P which is used on a different tractor with a 3 point 3 section Fast sprayer. This flow meter is larger internally to handle up to 60 Gallons/minute. This system also uses a motorized control valve to control the product flow rate. Electric ball valves are used on that rig also.

Edited by tedbear 1/21/2019 12:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)