AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market Geometry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 1/20/2019 10:09 (#7258374 - in reply to #7257120)
Subject: RE: Market Geometry

IN555 - 1/19/2019 19:48

Well since median lines are such a topic of discussion here I figure marketgeometry.com probably deserves some discussion considering what was pointed out in a thread below. Sounds like there is several students that view this site so I must ask do any of these accusations concern you?
https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/tim-morge-and-the-well-chosen...
Read the entire thread to be fair. There are some serious accusations involved. If any of it is true it brings up some valid concerns. Did the teacher really file bankruptcy? A billionaire allowed his star student to go broke knowing the likely attention it would draw to their company??
I watched this video with Tim Morge and am blown away at his statement towards the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVpwm0f-pU
$750,000 per individual from the bailout???? This guy has a PHD in Economics??? 3 Phd's in total? Apparently he doesn't own a calculator. Heck you don't even need a calculator to realize how stupid that statement is.
And in this video at the 29:25 market he taught 59 schools of 5th graders and not one of them had a loss??? Think about that claim, 5th graders.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0KMOryfiEc
I realize the above people didn't develop the median line system but it does sound like they are the ones promoting it so hard. Anyone can do some google searches and likely come to a conclusion. Maybe I watch too much American Greed on CNBC but to say the least I'm a skeptic.

Well, shouldn't be surprised on your productive use of time. I don't know enough about the accusations to speak about it, so I will just submit there is likely much more to the story. Regarding bailouts, Mr.Morge in no way shape or form supports a bailout of any country, company or person. Pretty interesting that a guy who spent a large part of his life "assisting" the fed, would think that way......Maybe it's because "the event does not matter only the energy does", or "where price is going has already been determined" and it's an exercise of futility?

The fifth grader teaching actually grew to be much larger than that proposed to reach 800 schools if I remember correctly. The students were not confined to using only market structure for entries and exits and taught the very same money management techniques taught in the advanced classes....the very ones he uses himself to attain the stellar returns he continually puts up. These rules are the very same market structure that we constantly talk about here, but because fifth graders don't "know " what we know,.... they did exactly what the rules put forth were. Mind blowing numbers were put up year after year using simple techniques, and yet so powerful, and us in our infinite wisdom well....we know better......

Tradestation is a trading platform. Unless they have changed it in the last couple years, it remains a less than friendly median line platform. Incredibly powerful but not a line friendly platform. Mr. Morge is a popular draw for lots of brokerage and trading platforms and could if he wanted do a webinar for them every day, but he doesn't. He also worked closely with IB for a time, but has dramatically decreased his public exposure over the last few years. I would submit any appearance like you posted is more for the sponsor of the event.

So not sure your point really. Any technique out there, does not matter what it is including fundamentals, you will find always find skeletons someplace, after all we all have heard about how farms were lost because it was dry and the market HAD to go up. That said, it is normal behavior for humans, to look for the negative on achievers in society so they feel better themselves. Instead thinking wow the guy selflessly gave of his time to teach thousands of students simple investment techniques or the billions of dollars spent with him at the helm in humanitarian aid that you will never read about because of the lack on an axe to grind by someone, literally keeping people from starving and keeping them clothed, instead of living on a yacht as suggested here is the only viable measurement of success. If you want to find something wrong, you will because there can never be something right about something without there being something wrong about it.

Take care

Edited by J P 1/20/2019 10:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)