AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover Crop ROI I have yet to see discussed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Lucky2Farm
Posted 1/20/2019 22:35 (#7260361 - in reply to #7256091)
Subject: RE: Cover Crop ROI I have yet to see discussed.

Indianola, MS
My impression is cc/nt merely protects what is there to begin with, that is the basis for any roi into cc/nt, with erosion protection as a key element. No till and or cover crops create better soils over a long, long time but what they do best and almost immediately for me is protect soil nutrients and moisture already there, nothing great on weed suppressing for me but no till and covers have slowly raised yields on all my good soils that had good soils test #"S to begin with. We did it to save money, no till and yields went up, we are sweeping middles on our furrow irrigated rows but the untouched beds are yielding better every year. The runoff from my fields looks clear as a bell so zero soil loss and I get higher yields but lots of contributing factors and situations to each farm. The return on Investment is actually the savings from not investing in constant tillage and increasing yield. Out of the financial struggles came a way to save and earn. Also it is hard to look at no till fields. My neighbors all have bare dirt year round
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)