AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Production Cost Insurance - Guaranteed Income?? Need Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ColrBlind
Posted 1/19/2019 08:42 (#7255602 - in reply to #7255101)
Subject: RE: Production Cost Insurance - Guaranteed Income?? Need Advice

Not sure I would agree that the basis matter with this plan. The only way basis would matter is if basis grew this year and hurt ur cash price , making it tougher to hit your guarantee.
And since this plan works off cash sales, you would not collect a payment until gain is sold or roughly April the following crop your when they assign your grain a cash price. Do u feed any grain? How is that grain valued?
I do not believe PCI covers replant, prevent plant, or hail. Of course if u don’t raise the bushels u will get paid, but this muddies the water. Replant seed will get added to your guarantee, but it won’t pay u anything if can price goes up.

Last thought,
This plan looked really appealing to me when u had those years of $5 $6 $7 corn in your five your crop sale history. But now your 5 year gross grain sales are much lower with $3-$3.75 grain sales.

No, never got a hard quote, so i probably shouldn’t be such a “negative Nancy” but from what the reps were saying, it was a pill. $20-$50 an acre pending level of coverage. Won’t tell u cost until they see your numbers. And they may not approve you anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)