AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Production Cost Insurance - Guaranteed Income?? Need Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dakotafarmer1
Posted 1/18/2019 20:11 (#7254788)
Subject: Production Cost Insurance - Guaranteed Income?? Need Advice

I posted something on a couple boards looking for information on this new insurance. I met with a guy who sells it from Diversified and it sounds good.

I can get a dollar amount per acre that I am guaranteed and also 100% of whatever I spend on seed, fertilizer, fungicide, cover crops, roundup and all chemicals.

He gave me this example:

If I get an offer of $300.00 and I spend $300 on seed, fertilizer and chemicals I have a total guarantee of $600. If I don't sell that much I have a loss.
Considering what my input costs are and corn prices stink, that sounds like a good deal. Its based on my prices not the CBOT--I always deal with a crappy basis 50 or more on corn and 1.10 on beans - I got hammered this year because my insurance through the government is based on CBOT.

I talked with a banker that uses it for his customers and he loves it. He said its all about farming for profit not insurance. I talked to my agronomist about it, but he did not know anything about it.

Probably is not perfect, but has to be better something somewhere???

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? Only good website I could find is in Canada - agrisksolutions.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)