AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What good is having the FSA open if you can't do anything?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

gthompson97
Posted 1/18/2019 23:07 (#7255170 - in reply to #7255103)
Subject: RE: 21,000 reasons for FSA

NE ND
Deere6 - 1/18/2019 22:23

gthompson97 - 1/18/2019 14:37

Deere6 - 1/18/2019 14:10

Interesting Paul, I mentioned the same thing a few weeks back in a thread about fsa beginning farm loans. The amount a beg farmer can borrow was just raised from 300k to 600k. I dont see how it is any different than giving out student loans; those surely havent affected college tuition rates?

You are acting like every farmer around uses the FSA program. They don’t, where as I would venture to say 75% or more of college students get assistance. Student loans don’t need to cash flow, all you have to do is sign up and promise to pay back later. It’s not even remotely close to the beginning farmer program where you have multiple hoops to jump through, and you have to submit an “updated” financials every 3 years, regardless of whether you are
borrowing more money or not.

Multiple hoops and cash flow? Lol government money is easy no matter what sector it's in....much easier than commercial lenders anyway. No doubt some guys writing the loans are tougher than others...but still. Area not far from me has land, and its not black, routinely bringing 9-12000/ acre for 170-190 apt ground. Cash flow? Show me how. All that matters is if it appraised close to purchase price and it will with most other area sales bringing the same. Numbers can always be made "to work". As said below buying land is a staircase in life, sooner the first piece is paid for the easier the next piece is, and then the next. So young Johnny instead of buying his first piece at 18 has to wait until age 25 or 30...Eliminating demand ( group of bidders in this case) for something WILL decrease it's value, unless supply is also decreased . Over time both will happen.

It’s clear you’ve never financed anything through FSA. Sounds like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder because someone has a leg up on you from taking advantage of a great program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)