AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stocks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 1/18/2019 16:27 (#7254249 - in reply to #7254122)
Subject: RE: Stocks

NoDakFarmer - 1/18/2019 15:20

A friend sent me data going back to the early 1900's on the S&P. It is quite an amazing chart as there hasn't been a large degree pullback in all those years. Even the 2008 drop really just projected a center of sorts and made new highs. The facts are that buyers are firmly in control when looking at the larger time frame. Even this last drop, as violent as it was, is not uncommon in the least. The same pattern has been seen many times before. In-fact, if this is all it can do, it couldn't even do what the prior swings could. The pullback, when it comes will be a doozie. But as of now, I don't see anything that suggests it's over yet.
my info says pull backs of greater than 50 % three times in the last 45 years alone, 73-74, 00-02, and 07-09. And the Nasdaq was substantially worse yet. I have no reason to believe it won’t repeat those pullbacks again over the next 35 years, as we are already ten years removed from the last biggie, the financial crisis. I had a front row seat to the last two major corrections. The Dot.com bubble fiasco was a particularly nasty bastard, and don’t ever want to go thru that again.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 1/18/2019 16:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)