AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Delta Force test plot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 1/18/2019 16:18 (#7254232 - in reply to #7254100)
Subject: RE: Delta Force test plot

Hennepin, IL
Just to be clear, in my day job yes I do. Never have hidden that fact. Comparing the three auto settings is a good idea, but doesn't compare DF to another system. Comparing those to the one static setting would, but the way I read it was that the OP used the information he already had from DF to come up with the 180# static setting. Maybe I read that wrong, idk. But if that is the case, had he not had the DF system, he wouldnt have known the correct average static setting to set the system to.

To the OP, I didnt mean to rustle feathers, just wanted to point that out before a bunch who are unfamiliar with the system chimed in saying DF did nothing for you. As far as a way to compare DF to another system, honestly the way PP sets up their trials works well, but there could be many ways. They do replications of 0, 125, 250, 375 lbs applied along with an automatic setting. The 4 static settings mimic the settings of the Deere HD springs fairly closely. The idea being, that when pulling into a field, you may not know the correct setting. Hopefully that makes sense. I haven't done a DF trial in a few years now. I always say I want to and I'm going to, then spring hits and I dont get much extra time, then next thing I know everyone is wrapping up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)