AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field IQ and electric drives?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GrahamEquipment
Posted 1/18/2019 10:10 (#7253546 - in reply to #7252532)
Subject: RE: Field IQ and electric drives?

Folks,

Thought I would chime in here, You can run our Graham 3rd Party Interface using Trimble FMX-500/750/1000 or TMX-2050 with Field IQ Modules. You can see the full list of parts on our website under control systems/3rd party Interface.

It saves money for guys if they already have Trimble with Field IQ modules versus our Graham Command Pro or even a PP set-up as they can use the investment they already spent money on to control our motors through the Trimble controller. If you don't have Field IQ modules, the cost difference between our Pro and the 3rd party interface after you purchase the Required Field IQ Modules will be less than $200-300/row. So then its just a personal preference if you want to use our Graham Command Pro tablet or keep everything on your Trimble FMX screen.

We have ALOT of Trimble guys running our 3rd party system. It works great. However, you have to be careful on firmware updates as sometimes these come with changes in the PWM output that our system (as well as the Hydraulic drives use) to control population. So it causes the system to act erratic. In that case, you sometimes have to revert back to previous firmware. Otherwise, this pair works quite well.

Both our Graham Command Pro or our 3rd party interface retrofit directly on your White meter (or pretty much any other meter) so you don't have to change your meters.

Any questions, feel free to email me at Marty(at)grahameletricplanter.com if I can help further.

Hope this information helps provide some factual insight anyways to your project decision.

Thanks,
Marty

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)