AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coop problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AsianFarmer
Posted 1/19/2019 15:52 (#7256554 - in reply to #7254792)
Subject: RE: Coop problems

NC Iowa
To all worked up about this guy's comments.

I believe many are worked up about the comments this 22 year old made because there's no humility in your talk. It's coming across as "bragging" about your birthright, how you're essentially entitled to farm but you're only 22 and did 10,000 acres of spraying but cut your own way in and earned your right to farm.....because your claimed birthright wasn't enough? I believe the comment about "real farmers" also stirred the pot a bit. While I do not believe there is a real vs non-real? farmer, I do believe in a full-time versus part-time aspect but still a farmer nonetheless.

I believe the real problem people are having is the lack of humility. Yes, it's an online forum but you talk about how you earned this and that but you don't "earn" respect in the real world, or online, by bragging about how much you've done or have or what you were "born in to".

I get being proud of what you've done. I would be too if I were that age but it totally takes away from you earning anything when you have to phrase everything as though you're the latest and greatest ever. Many others on here have also done what you've done, and more, yet you don't see them talking themselves up about how their birthright gave them their opportunities or even how they worked their way in to it. "The less you speak, the more you hear."

In short, I think many just believe you don't need to elaborate on how much you think you've accomplished when the original post simply asked if others had coop problems. Could have left it at the fact that you started doing your own spraying and it cut down on mistakes and increased yields, end of story.

That's just my opinion. Congrats for what you've done so far. Too bad this post got out of control. I agree with what you said on spraying, not so much on how you went about saying some of the other stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)