AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CORS and agleader curious
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 1/17/2019 10:21 (#7251204 - in reply to #7250003)
Subject: RE: CORS and agleader curious

NW IL
I do not have any personal experience with WI CORS. Perhaps other people may chime in with their experiences. I use a commercial cellular RTK service in NW IL and SW WI. The InCommand 1200 and 800 do not have any unlocks on it related to autosteering. All InCommand displays are capable of autosteer (no unlock required). This is also true for Integra, Versa, and Edge displays. The only Ag Leader display that required an autosteer unlock was the Insight. The unlock for RTK is on the 6500.

To install a 6500 RTK/SteerCommand on a 7R/8R you would need the following:

Incommand 1200 (you already own)
Display/Battery Cable Kit; $320
Steercommand; $4500
6500 (you already own)
6500 RTK unlocks; $4500
Vehicle Kit (several options, see note below);
cellular modem (lots of options available);

Note on RTK unlocks: If you first unlock from SBAS to TerraStar, the cost is $2000. If you then unlock from TerraStar to RTK the cost is $3000. Total cost to unlock in two steps is $5000. If you unlock straight from SBAS to RTK the cost is $4500 saving you $500.

Note on vehicle kit: If your machine is an "older" 8R series tractor the vehicle kit will include cabling to run to the hydraulic valve, wheel angle sensor, steering wheel sensor. This kit will run $1495. If your machine is a "newer" 7R or 8R and is ISO steer ready there is an unlock required from John Deere ($250) and an unlock required from Ag Leader ($500). Finally the kit for ISO steering which runs $695

I highly recommend you take a look at the Ag Leader Knowledgebase:

https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=1581

All of the install manuals for the vehicle kits are available for free download. The manuals list all the kits and parts required for install. Also....sometimes you can order only the essential cables listed in the install kit and save a few $$$ compared to buying the full vehicle kit. Talk to your local dealer and see specifically what cables are needed for your tractor.

Note on cellular modem: if you purchase a cellular modem, make sure it is 4G capable. Verizon is dropping 3G support in 2019. The CDMA relay modem (from Ag Leader) that attaches to 6500 is 3G only. There are really three main options for cellular RTK and the InCommand:

Cell Option 1: dedicated cell modem with dedicated cell plan. A dedicated cell plan will cost roughly $250-$350 per year. A dedicated cell modem (hardware) will run $700-$1000. Lots of options available.

Cell Option 2: run NTRIP on InCommand 1200 and connect to cellular network via WiFi hotspot. The hotspot could be your cell phone, iPAD, or a device such as BR1 mini available from ag leader. To run NTRIP on the InCommand 1200, there is an extra cable required to connect to the 6500 ($125)

Cell Option 3: run NTRIP on android cellular device. Connect cell device via bluetooth serial adapter to 6500. If you want to use iOS as your cell device you will need to look at commercial service such as DigiFarm.

Personally on our own farm we have dedicated cell modems. When we power up the InCommand, it powers up the cell modem and automatically connects to the cellular network. We have several people that operate our machines. We do not have Ipads in the cab. For us, it is easier to have dedicated modem in each cab. If I am doing survey work or boundary mapping on UTV I will use my android phone as the cell device and connect to my 6500 via a bluetooth/serial device.

Edited by swenzel 1/17/2019 12:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)