AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven steering node position
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Amc4life
Posted 1/17/2019 08:17 (#7250915 - in reply to #7250884)
Subject: RE: Raven steering node position

Butterfield, MN
I see a lot of information here that doesn't agree with my experience. From what I can see, you would have number 1 facing forward. You can have a node mounted the way you have it. Any arrow can face forward, as long as another arrow is facing straight down. I typically do like to have nodes mounted flat on the floor (typically this is as stable as you can make it), but there are other installations that have the node mounted sideways. The Challenger 700 and 800 series, for example, has it mounted sideways on a bracket inside the right side window. The programming can automatically figure out the down direction because it can sense gravity pulling on it during calibration. It would then obviously know the up direction, but it would not have any way of knowing which of the other four directions is forward, so it's up to you to tell it.

If you attempt to select any other number, will it let you proceed? Since this is used, you can't really know what might have happened to it previously, and I have a feeling that the node itself may be screwed up.

Edited by Amc4life 1/17/2019 08:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)