AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's try this!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 1/16/2019 19:07 (#7249845 - in reply to #7249798)
Subject: RE: Let's try this!

boilers01 - 1/16/2019 18:55

Thanks JP,
Some things discussed on here have been “over my head”, and I have been confused from some of the posts here. But I’m not afraid to admit it, and I came here to learn. Marketing is very complex, it’s nice to hear different angles from others view. I always appreciate the posts from you and NoDak.

I can't say enough good things about Nodak. Not sure how long we have communicated but its been a while. I honestly, don't know of a more focused individual and it will continue to serve him well.

Marketing is as complicated as we make it. I would submit for instance that using traditional thinking is much more complex than asking questions of price. For example, right now, if you were using fundamentals, you would be confused with no reports. Then you would be thinking about acres, and exports, and tariffs, and south american weather and, and and. With price, we just ask what price's job is? For example, we got consecutive higher lows in corn, and that makes price's job to make a higher high. Those are the facts. Period. No worrying about this report or that. It will fail on occasion due to the context and that is where things can get more complicated, but by far and away, just asking what is price's job, and where should the market run out of energy using our tools will serve you well most years - without all the fancy stuff.

Take Care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)