AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's try this!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 1/16/2019 18:20 (#7249715 - in reply to #7249684)
Subject: RE: Let's try this!

SELLIOT - 1/16/2019 18:05

JP How far back do you go to draw your major lines versus your minor lines in terms of years or months?
Or do you just look for the mountain formation?
Which formation do you tend to rely the heaviest or found works the best?

Hi Selliot,
I guess I don't have a good answer for you. Generally I keep 100 to 150 bars on my screens. If I can't see what I want to frame, or it makes no sense to me, I usually go up in time to get rid of some noise, but keep about the same amount of bars on. But if I am framing something like the big corn swing, then the low is back pre2000 somewhere, I would use a monthly and still have to go scroll back and find it. But intraday stuff, generally keep it in pretty close. Honestly, don't really think of things a major and minor anymore. I think of what they relate too.

Favorite formation?? Don't really have one I guess, but if I had to choose one, it's what I have nicknamed "the hearbeat" - cuz it looks like an EKG should. Some formations I see better than others, some make no sense to me at all, so I just watch and learn knowing that somewhere inside of me there is block that does not let me see what is going on well there and only time and practice will break that down. Again, price knows, but I am the problem.

Take care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)