AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much working capital per acre does your lender want?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cf1967
Posted 1/17/2019 12:39 (#7251465 - in reply to #7250173)
Subject: RE: How much working capital per acre does your lender want?

I’d find a different banker and I don’t say that to be sarcastic. As long as I pay them what is agreed upon in the proper time frame and my balance sheet and cash flow look good what I do with the profits I earned are none of their business. I would not be letting my banker dictate how I run my business. Their main objective is to get their money back with the least amount of risk. Your objective may be to take a little more calculated risk for a high return opportunity. Which way do you think he is going to advise you to go. I have dealt with lenders who tried to tell me how to operate my my farm when I had no other choice but got away from them as quickly as I could. My current lender will give an opinion when asked but otherwise I do my job and he does his and we get along great. Just as in all other inputs there is a lot of competition for your loan business. You are the customer. They need you as much or more than you need them. A lot of larger retailers have in house financing now with not near the hoops to jump through as a traditional bank. As soon as your lender knows that you might take your business elsewhere he might get a different attitude.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)