AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remote Monitoring: Moisture Probes, Weather Stations, and Rain gauges.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gemarsh
Posted 1/18/2019 08:52 (#7253376 - in reply to #7253224)
Subject: RE: Remote Monitoring: Moisture Probes, Weather Stations, and Rain gauges.

Central NE
The use of the cropmetrics/sentek probe came from having confidence that watermark moisture probes work. It took me three years to believe the watermarks. Now, I don't hand probe in front of them.

It is cool to see the moisture, temp and salinity all the way down the sentek/aqua check type probes.

But in real life, what can we do about it? We can only modify the water content. And knowing where that is, is how we can save water/pumping costs, but not stressing our crops.

I had a set of watermarks next to the sentek probe for the past 3 years. HERE, for me with my soil and fields, I have found that for the price and effectiveness, the watermarks stand up to the highest priced probes. If a person was limited to pumping capacity, a person could adjust irrigation trigger points with having more sensors within the foot zone. I don't have any skin in the game what a person uses, but I would only recommend to USE moisture probes for efficiency. Sorry for sounding like a NRD. Get it... nrd...nerd...nebraska resource district. :>)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)