AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4830 Deere sprayer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KansasFarmer2005
Posted 1/16/2019 20:02 (#7249996 - in reply to #7248521)
Subject: RE: 4830 Deere sprayer?

I have a 2010 4830 with 2600 hrs. The biggest problem I have had with it has been the rear final drives. I have had to replace one of them 3 times now. I believe the first one was around 1500 hrs. They say that if you change hub oil twice as often as the book says, you will prevent this from happening, but I change the oil every time I chang engine oil which is 150 hrs and I am still having problems. The minute they start leaking oil, they are shot. One thing that could be causing it is roading it with a full 1050 gallons of product, but sometimes there isn't any way around that. And a sprayer should be built to handle that.
I am also starting to go through hydraulic hoses, but at 2600 hrs, that is expected and is a minimal problem.
The suspension scissors can be a problem too but if you keep them tight and never let them get too loose, you will be fine.
It has been a good productive machine for me and I have had quite a few 1000 acre days with it and even a 1200 acre day. Good luck with your decision and I hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)