AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spackler Family- Oxycotin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 1/16/2019 19:58 (#7249988 - in reply to #7249773)
Subject: RE: Spackler Family- Oxycotin

n.c.iowa
Well I'm not going to get into a tit for tat with you at this time, but I was like minded as you at one time. I have since changed my mind.

Mind you we are not talking about the guy, or gal for that matter that is stealing prescriptions to just get high, for they have a choice, for their only reason is to get loaded and forget about life for awhile. I am talking about a person that has chronic pain that is somewhat managed with nsaids, but pretty soon is being prescribed opioids in amounts that were truly astounding.

Like a poster mentioned below it has been proven that opioids change the brain chemistry, thus it turns into not only a physiological issue, but a pyscological one as well, addiction, no different than alcoholism are diseases.

The trouble is unlike a bar that serves alcohol to somebody that is obviously had too much, can be held liable both in criminal and civil court, the doctors that are obviously pushing painkillers, or just providing prescriptions with out really considering if there is a issue, it's really hard for the average person to get them to stop. Our legal system just hasn't caught up with this "new age issue", and until medical professionals can be held accountable for the problem they have caused, this "epidemic" will continue.
But I will tell you one thing it helps having a longtime friend who is the sheriff in the county, one initial visit and follow up from him and the mere mention of a prescription drug abuse task force being formed, and all of sudden these surly, somewhat arrogant, seemingly above reproach medical " professionals " all of sudden get with the program of monitoring painkillers.

If you have a son that is in the medical profession, ask him to be truthful about this " issue", It'll be very enlightening for you.

Edited by johnny skeptical 1/16/2019 20:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)