AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small farm ROI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 1/16/2019 12:31 (#7249110 - in reply to #7248334)
Subject: RE: Small farm ROI

Mid-Michigan
For me its improving my ground. Everything we have now is tiled (1000 acre farmer). That has been hard. Agronomic improvements is a big deal with me also. Im like everyone else, I have my sweet spots in every field and some poor areas. In the poor areas I've worked hard to find out why (sometimes that is just plain baffling). Rarely have we bought new equipment. On some of this bigger stuff, you can get it for a steal compared to buying it new. Usually its way to big for my operation. A corn head is an example. I bought a very nice 12 row head that was almost new for half price of new, cheaper than half worn out 8 rows. I think we can survive. If you are talking smaller than me, then I guess you have to rethink what I said but this has been working for me (if you are talking inputs, I can't help. I just cant buy in volume so get minimal discounts but I understand that. I'll never buy corn seed cheaper than a guy who buys a semi load, but I seem to have been doing ok. I try to be on time. Ill never go into a field wet. I don't care what the neighbors are doing. I also try to be on time to combine but not early then either. Also, I try to do everything that I'm capable of myself. Spraying and spreading your own fertilizer is just a no brainer.

Edited by AGB 1/16/2019 12:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)