AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montana 2018 Harvest Prices RMA Peas and Lentils
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 1/16/2019 09:13 (#7248658 - in reply to #7248455)
Subject: RE: Montana 2018 Harvest Prices RMA Peas and Lentils

Funny you mention seeding intentions,,,,same here...everyone I talk too is in the twilight zone in regards to what to do this spring.

On another note,,a guy from southern SK I met snowmobiling last week was sharing some durum prices ... he’s 10 miles north of border north of Havre. 7 to 7.40 Canadian....which depending on exchaneges rates equates to approximately 5.50 US. And we have a 4.00 price here ? WTF????
Another NAFTA lingering effect as Canadian Grain is totally free to come south,,,ie no grading issues...while US GRain going north is automatically classified as Feed Grade. Lovely.

My only idea going forward long term is to get back into HRW more as it has less Canadian competition here in our local markets and try to work in peas a bit as a rotation and N source for the HRW. Also try to incorporate cattle to some extent to use those damn peas....25% protein ...and we are giving them away!

OR,,,,,let the Hoots have the rest of North Central Montana......another colony forming here now....and I have scumbag realtors calling,,,make no apologies as the guys calling are truly not straight shooters...but I digress......does bring up the question though of WHY not get out while land prices are astronomical????

I guess I got up on wrong side of the bed this am!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)