AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row shut offs.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 1/16/2019 13:11 (#7249200 - in reply to #7248187)
Subject: RE: Row shut offs.

SCMN

senorthdakota - 1/16/2019 04:51 Last year was our first year with shutoff 24 row with every 2rows. Worked excellent.. No need to go to every row imo

I'll be the odd one out here.  I had individual row control on our 16 row, Precision Planting RowFlow using Deere SF2 for autotrac and clutch control.  I never had it shut off row 1 or 16 due to signal drift.  I love the way it looks when the crops come up compared to 2-row sections but I'm picky about that.  We traded to a 24 row planter that was setup with SeedStar2 that would have only been able to control 2-row sections.  I was already going to move the 20/20 to this planter for SeedSense anyway so I also moved the RowFlow and I will control my rows individually.  Also, I would have needed to buy Section Control for my Deere 2630 to control the clutches through SeedStar2 so it was a no brainer to use my RowFlow.  I guess if it was going to cost a bunch of money just to gain individual row control it may not pencil out, every situation is different.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)