AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where do they find these people.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Keith Mudd
Posted 1/15/2019 16:22 (#7247104)
Subject: Where do they find these people.

Monroe City, MO

I don't normally read any farm magazines but with the snow and cold I happened to thumb through the recent issue of the Missouri Ruralist. 

Two articles caught my attention. Both regarding the Missouri Department of Agriculture. A article authored by Director Chris Chinn contains the following quote; "Agriculture is thriving today."

Someone please tell her that net farm income in 2018 is expected to fall to $59.5 billion, the lowest since 2006. Roughly half the 2013 high.

The second article pertained to (I'm sorry) dicamba. She states that she reviewed roughly 120 pages of label information and say "the changes are similar to the state's 24c Local Needs label in 2018." Because of that, she does not feel there is a need for any additional requirements, adding her department's job now is to help farmers understand the labels approved by EPA for the three dicamba-based products. 

Again, someone please tell her that the 24c Local Needs label last year actually had a cut off date for spraying dicamba. This coming year if someone plants double crop beans July first they can spray dicamba as late as August 15th. 

We (I suppose your state also) has the best Ag Officials agribusiness can afford. 

Edited by Keith Mudd 1/15/2019 16:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)