AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheapest vehicle for 16 year driver to insure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

560farms
Posted 1/15/2019 14:03 (#7246882)
Subject: Cheapest vehicle for 16 year driver to insure?

western mn
Well, it's getting close to the time my 15 year old with a farm permit to take the next step and turn 16, and it only took the insurance company till Jan 3rd to call and ask when his birthday will be... now when I was a kid, dad told me as long as I don't get a ticket, I could stay under his and he'd tell the insurance company that I had my own vehicle and paid my own insurance, and I made it to 25 years old before I had to take out my own insurance. .. Great for me... But nowadays things are alot different, and people are sue happy and we must protect our asses, so I'm wondering what others have done? Get a cheap clunker to have his name on, fibb about what he drives, or something else... Maybe a 1977 Pinto front the Grove would be cheap to insure... My boys an A student, but I'm guessing they will still want a good chunk of money, I sure wish they would give kids a chance of showing if they can drive safe before they rake em over, but I was a kid once, don't know how I stayed out of accidents and didn't get any tickets, I know I deserved some... Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. .. thanks Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)