AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

drone tablet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/15/2019 15:54 (#7247059 - in reply to #7246766)
Subject: RE: drone tablet

southern MN
Good question.

It does not need gps or cell. At times those can be handy, so it might be nice to have the possibility. If it’s only a small difference in price on a reconditioned, I would probably get the cell version and then can always enable it if I decide I want it.

Size: I think a cell phone is too small a screen. I think the bigger tablet sizes are nice for viewing, but are very cumbersome to drag along and hold. Personally I like the mini or smaller of the full size screens (7-9 inch). But that is personal preference.

Memory and processor: A drone uses a fair amount of video and memory and processor to deal with everything going on, multiple signals coming and going and video feeds. Don’t skimp on too old a machine, you want to be pretty new really to keep up with the updating apps and so forth. I’ve never liked getting the smallest tablet for memory, as they tend to fill very fast. It depends on how you deal with videos, if you hope to keep or show many or any on the tablet then you need some serious memory amounts. If you are only controlling the drone and not doing any video at all with the tablet other than viewing drone flying, you don’t need so much.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)