AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

After being bullishly wrong the past 2 years...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 1/16/2019 12:56 (#7249172 - in reply to #7248626)
Subject: RE: After being bullishly wrong the past 2 years...

Frytown, Iowa
thereaper - 1/16/2019 08:59

While I do be coming off as an a-hole, there is substance behind it. It was a rude awakening by a professional that made me actually see what I was doing. I charted for years and began to think “isn’t my inherent bullish bias due to the nature of my business altering my ability to correctly chart?”I was highly subjective to my own sub-conscious motives without even realizing it. While doing that I alway had the attitude of the ag industry that is commonplace among most farmers, it’s always someone else fault. I new the value risk I had on but thought there is no way for me to do anything about it without spending an exorbitant amount of money. Then I met the aforementioned trader, and I began to truly learn about risk. To many people come on here spewing bullish nonsense to farmers who always want to be long (bc of the nature of the game) without ever offering a notion of advice on how to manage their already long position bc they get attention from them for saying what they want to hear.

Once I learned about Risk my perspective on farming changed 180°

I’d love to know half of what you know about options

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)