AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

After being bullishly wrong the past 2 years...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 1/16/2019 11:07 (#7248900 - in reply to #7248373)
Subject: RE: After being bullishly wrong the past 2 years...

Frytown, Iowa
tink - 1/16/2019 07:08

Methods are less important than the one utilizing them.
You're undisciplined.

The weakest link to successful trading has been, is and will always be the one executing the trade.

If in trading you do not learn more of yourself than markets, then you'll continue on with no change.

No doubt Tink, that’s what I was saying above. Some want to tear down the patterns that are hidden in the market because the user of a tool isn’t a billionaire, but it’s all on me, not the tools. Self control is not my natural strength in life. I am not “Type A” nor am I naturally proactive... and I definitely don’t have the patience that is needed to withhold from trading when I should be watching.

My trading account was mentally switched to a hedge account as my ac grew and I needed all the equity for margins/hedges. I haven’t made a trade in 2 years because of the switch to hedge only, as well as the apparent self control issues with trading. Still I see Andrews median lines and market structure, cycles in time and Elliot’s waves all over the place. Acting upon them in a way with limited risk, proper reward is tough and I know as a farmer with enough ac now to really make a big difference in my income... that my best trade is marketing my grain on the median line.

I’ll limit my entrances into a market based on inputs bought wholesale and risk/stops to insurance... then I won’t have to pay so much attention to the market and remove 3/4th the chance of messing up in the market by eliminating entrances and stops.

Heard this song today and had to share it here... so applicable!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXLKgX0MgU

Have a good one!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)