AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dessert riding near Yuma.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 1/15/2019 11:48 (#7246604 - in reply to #7245904)
Subject: RE: Dessert riding near Yuma.

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Good pics Mark. I was a grunt during my time in the Army so don't know a lot about tanks. The tanks and other tracked guns seem to be based on the M48 Patton tank, which was what was mainly used during the VN War. It is fairly awesome to see a tank in full assault but they do have a weakness against ground forces and really need infantry to protect their weak areas. Consequently, we spent some time assigned to tanker units.
They could have trouble in forested areas and I fell backwards of one while wearing a full backpack and landed flat on my back. I did get the log that was fouling him thrown off though. Another little known detail about tanks is the cooling air for the engine is drawn from the underside of the rear section and exhausted pretty much straight out the back. If the tank should happen to drive over an unexploded and dispersed 50 lb. paper sack of CS powder and tear it open, the cooling fan will suck in the flour like powder and blow it out at any poor grunt who might happen to be following the tank to protect its vulnerable rear area. It will take said poor protecting grunt a few minutes to regain his vision and breath so he can resume duties. Not quite as much fun as you guys seemed to be having, but one of those things ;-)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)