AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

misbanded bulls today at sale-58 head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 1/14/2019 22:19 (#7245808)
Subject: misbanded bulls today at sale-58 head

western iowa,by Denison
Was at local sale today-58 bulls that were banded-about 80% slipped the band-anyhow it was a mess and old JR(auctioner) handled it best he could-I know a lot of the buyers -and will admit they have more talent on how to handle them then myself. Was a sad -painful watch from my seat-lot of the bulls with sac 1/2 hanging-swelling, and a true mess-some returning to 1/2 a bull-stag etc--29 725 brought $1.37-normal average steers were $1.45, 29 weighed 818 @$1.30-steers same sale were bringing $1.44-7 head 707@$1.29 -same sale steers at $1.60.
I personally was uncomfortable in my seat-felt sorry for the bulls-not the owner-knowing how we use the spinner and cutting them and the results of not punishing the animal as it is over and done-just seems cruel. There was infection and stall out on the steer/bulls, that didn't have to happen. Been down that road handling them -sometimes you can salvage and get them healed up-it does take a lot of time-and knowing what and how to fix em-my vet said to pass on them-

I did top the sale on the buying end as I bought some heifers that I liked weighing 521@$1.50-a group of 12 or so

Edited by garvo 1/14/2019 22:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)