AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steak n Shake pathetic service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 1/20/2019 00:55 (#7257736 - in reply to #7245480)
Subject: RE: Steak n Shake pathetic service

Lubbock, Texas
I will tell my story with them and probably take a little heat for it because AgTalk is big on personal responsibility

I do not eat there a lot because it is not close to home, but one year around the holidays I did the buy a gift card and get another card for $5 dollars free

well I used the $5 dollar "free" one in plenty of time before it expired (those types of deals the free part always expires quickly), but I did not use the other one that I paid for very frequently and eventually it and a few others I had done the same thing with were not getting used much

well with S&S (and Rudy's BBQ and maybe others you have to watch) if you do not use the card for two years it starts to take $2 dollars a month off

well I went to start using some of the cards I had and finish them off and lo and behold my S&S card was down to zero (about $15 dollars gone) from that $2 dollar monthly charge (yea I had sat on it a while just not going there for whatever reason)

so I emailed them and ask them if there was any way they would be nice enough to put the money back on and never heard back from them and after a couple of months I had a free burger birthday deal (they send every year for being in their email club)

(here is the part where I take heat) so I used it and them I just printed out 3 more of them without the expiration date on it because it is about $4 dollars worth of free food and them one holiday my brother and I were traveling back from my parents and we just drove through 3 different S&S on the way home and got some free burgers and fries and I figured I was even money with them and that was that

well about 2 months after that (about 5 months after I had first emailed them) I got an email that they had credited my account on their app with the money from the gift card

well so now I have $15 whatever on my app with them and yea I figured WTH I will just use it and try and spend money with them when I do because it is stupid for a company to charge you to not use a gift card (actually illegal in some states)

well the next time I went there I ordered in the drive thru (and yes it is slow at the one in my city) and got to the window and after the kid could not get it to work the manager came over to the window and said their internet (the one that runs the POS system) was down so they could not do the app transaction and my food was free

then the next time I went there I am not sure what happened, but after I gave the guy my phone and watched him struggle to figure out what to do and scan it and I drove off and got home well somehow it AGAIN had not charged the money off the app so I still have that same $15 balance on the app from when they refunded the gift card

I seriously think the location I go to somehow is not set up to scan the app properly and take money off and or no one knows how to use it and I am hesitant to eat there now because I feel like I am scamming them even though the last two times were 100% their fault and I also kind of have the attitude of screw you for charging people to have a gift card and not use it (especially since in many states that is not even allowed)

so really their inability to communicate in a timely fashion (about 5 months) about a customer not happy with losing $15 for sitting on a gift card and their inability to properly use their app to pay is costing them business because I am about 75% sure if I go there again somehow the app will still not be charged properly

some companies just make things harder than they need to

Edited by rodrod5 1/20/2019 00:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)