AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dead By Dawn on natgeo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 1/15/2019 20:06 (#7247676 - in reply to #7246329)
Subject: RE: Dead By Dawn on natgeo

North of London
You do not understand I and my wife do not believe in things, we stick to proven explanations for how the universe works and there just is not evidence of any magic beings involved.

Spiritual is one of those words that means different things to different people and neither one of us would choose that word to describe our understanding of how things work.
But I would add there is no struggle, we both understand how the universe is unfolding and how life, all life including humans, is here for a fleeting time as a natural happening and are in total control of how we live our lives and it will all end just as it has for all other life and life forms with nothing after.
So far there is no evidence of any magic beings having anything to do with my entry into this world. My growth in my mothers womb came about because my mother and father had sex and I was the result of their genes coming together to inform my body to develop the way it did and the way all life forms come about.

No games about any of the gods as they are just old stories told to entertain people with no evidence of any of them being true.
It is interesting thought that you bring up another god called Satan as most claim they only believe in one god and not many claim Satan to be the only one.

You do realize that 'soul' by definition is something attached to some religions and there is no evidence of any such a thing existing in reality so it is a non issue with me.
Just one of those unsubstantiated beliefs that some religions have.

Your use of the word Truth is I am sure referring to your religious beliefs but many if not all of those have no evidence or real truth behind them.
Oh I am quite at peace with my future, when the end comes it is the end and at my age that is approaching fast. No fear of being tortured forever for things that had no consequence while others just confessed and get a pass from atrocious things.
I take responsibility for what I have done and try to live so my life does not harm others so i am at total peace as the end approaches in only a few years for me unless i live after the average person does.
What brings me to challenge anyones beliefs is when they make claims that can not be proven and try to force those ideas on everyone. Just as some try to deny what science has shown to be true and then force that incorrect explanation on their children and anyone else they can.
There is nothing wrong with you just believing in any of the thousands of gods you want to but it has to stop before it is forced on anyone else.

This whole thread began because one believer brought his god into his description of the program as though it was in the program and because I was not able to view the program I asked about how the god was in the program because my understanding of National Geographic was that it would stick to proven info and not put out just beliefs in its programs and published material. That is how religion just assumes things and expects everyone else to take their unproven claims as true.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)