AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sulfur solutions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/14/2019 01:44 (#7243855 - in reply to #7243716)
Subject: RE: Sulfur solutions

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
We have very low boron numbers in soil tests and in tissue samples. I feel the same way about it as far as mobility and timing. I'm not sure how big of a yield component it is yet but will run some trials this year and see. Even with its ability to move I think placing it in both my 2x2x2 dribble and then through the direct inject when I ydrop will help maximize uptake. Plus then I can try different rates without skipping passes on tall corn. I can just run my N and S program and then change my settings. If a noticeable change shows up we would leave some blocks and remove distances from each end to eliminate the time it would take to change rates in the boom. It's not a lot because mine mixes right at the mast but it still takes 8-15 gallon to fully charge the boom from the injector. Smaller yield jumps are harder to see on the monitor and weighed checks work better. It's not a big $$ item but still like to know if a response in samples shows up in yields. The higher we push the goals the more it seems to react on some areas we didn't find as crucial with 20-50 bushel less goals. And as a proportion that makes sense.

Edited by DobsonAG 1/14/2019 01:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)