AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for large cabin rental in black hills area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

greenfarmer
Posted 1/15/2019 12:44 (#7246713 - in reply to #7242176)
Subject: RE: Looking for large cabin rental in black hills area

Central Minnesota
August 2-7 is basically the heart of the Sturgis Rally. A lot of people arrive to Sturgis on August 2 or 3, and will start leaving by the 7 or 8. Your best deals will be getting out there when the Rally is winding down, or over. If your really wanting that timeframe, prices are thru the roof. And traffic won't be as much fun to navigate. But, this year is the 79th annual, so it's going to be a down year. On the anniversary years. Like in 2020 on the 80th, there will be a lot more people there than there will be this year. I know if you go during the rally, it won't be as easy to stop in areas, and enjoy the sites, because of more bikes all over out there. But there are a lot of people who will go out during the rally, even though they don't own a bike, just to take it all in. And there's nothing wrong with it. It's just you'll kinda have to throw that budget out the window at that time.

Personally, if your not into big crowds. I'd wait a week. But if crowds, long lines, and traffic doesn't bother you, and if your ok with spending more than anticipated, then go during the Rally. You'll be able to see so much more during that timeframe. Sturgis isn't what it once was. You don't have to worry about gang violence or anything like that. The nudity isn't like it used to be either. You see a lot of families walking around downtown Sturgis, Deadwood, Keystone, Rapid City.

I always say, you can't go to western South Dakota, and have a timeframe in mind. There's so much to see out there, and it's such a laid back, beautiful area, that there's never enough time to take it all in. So many places to check out within a 90 minute drive of there. Devils Tower, Bear Butte, Deadwood, Lead, Keystone, Needles Highway, Crazy Horse, Custer Park loop, Spearfish Canyon, Warrens Peak in Sundance, Hulett, St. Ogne's cattle sale, Stonehouse Saloon, Pactola Reservoir, and all of the bars in downtown Sturgis like Knuckle Saloon, Ironhorse Saloon, Full Throttle Saloon and One Eyed Jacks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)