AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumps on farm-most valuable or interesting thing you've ever found
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 1/13/2019 13:30 (#7242375 - in reply to #7242011)
Subject: RE: Dumps on farm-most valuable or interesting thing you've ever found

just a tish NE of central ND
Nothing of value to be found anywhere....but lots of rusty nails in the yard.
About in 2009 I needed overhead powerline post installed to replace an existing post and it is ina low area that almost goes into a spring runoff slough on snowy wet years.. I dont have a big post auger and I had some backhoe work done on a waterline. I asked the operator if he could make me a backhoe post hole and he dug out the old post and to our dismay the post was onley several inches from a covered over dirt basement neatly filled with feildstones and we did find the remains of what appeared to be a baby buggy and a large pipe threaded spark plug that said international on it.Before i got the post put in there was water coming up from the bottom which was higher than the basement bottom or about the same level.That basement had been driven over the top of since WWII and the yard had been visited for years and years before by my elder relatives before we owned it and no one ever remembered a structure or basement there.
My most valued items are probably a couple of arrow heads and some horse shoes found in the feild when picking rocks or fenceing.
Not a bad deal when they are hand found laying on the ground and not in some machine that they destroyed. (:
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)