AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop amendments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/13/2019 17:29 (#7242869 - in reply to #7241917)
Subject: RE: Crop amendments

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I think you touched on the most important parts. Fertility weed control and seed selection. Until the building blocks or puzzle pieces on the bottom are established it's hard to spend $10-15 an acre on a not so proven product rather than lime or additional fertilizer. Or for better weed control or different hybrids. I think after that is all established the next battle is seeing how well the plant is utilizing what's placed. On our long term manure ground products like ascend showed some increase in yield when we did the trials. But on our rented acres no change. Not much to support a bigger root system. And cheaper ways to do the same thing. I think far too many want the effect from no N to 140 bushel better crop with a N source. The big puzzle pieces are gone. The next jumps will be based on acceptable returns and if the next 2-10 bushel is worth it. I never expect the products we try to show a 20 bushel increase just some ROI and better yields to keep my aph high for years like 2012 when we need every bit of help we can get
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)