AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1300% ROI beats what Dextrose offers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/13/2019 11:38 (#7242093 - in reply to #7241939)
Subject: RE: 1300% ROI beats what Dextrose offers

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I will go to other part of my plant background. I was an agronomy/ horticulture double major at ISU and honestly beans remind more of a lot of what we did in the hort world. My take on the beans they were injured enough that their apical meristem quit growing and the lateral meristem took over and they branched out from those locations to take advantage of the root system it already had in place. Apical is place of most cell division and elongation ie the growing point and produces the height of the plant, lateral more involved with girth and sideways growth.Many plant exhibit rejuvenation pruning effects. Where they actually grow faster with more shoots kind of like our fight or flight to maintain the most potential to reproduce. My thoughts like anything with soybeans if you found the perfect timing to simulate this effect you could have not only nice to harvest and a good canopy in our 30" but a yield bump from the plants vigorous growth. I would say good K numbers would be a must also to support a rapid growth event. There is way more science behind a lot of it just my version of what I think is going on. Soybeans will alway be the most researched but constant headache of why it didn't work plant in our operation. Hope I explained that ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)