AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1300% ROI beats what Dextrose offers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 1/13/2019 10:20 (#7241933 - in reply to #7241847)
Subject: RE: 1300% ROI beats what Dextrose offers

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
We ran ats for the first time last season with any 28% or 32% 10:1 ratio. But didn't have it on the planter. So adding 2x2x2 dribble behind my disc closers. Adding a front mount tank for the 28% ats and boron blend and letting the integra control rates and monitor with my flowsense we currently use for infurrow monitoring Putting my vapplyhd off sidedress bar for the infurrow as we have enough point rows now and enough $$ in that mix I'd like to save any over application and have the turn compensation. The interesting thing that showed up last spring in the strip till was one field that had post N trials we put all the seasons ats (16 units S) on with the 60 units of N upfront. It was greener and slightly ahead of the other corn til at least shoulder high. The same storm that took care of vermeer in pella kindly dropped 2.6" of rain, massive hail, and according to the weather station at the field 67mph wind. So the yield results from the trial and our our yield data isn't very informative. So I will do some more research this year but I may try some acres with a greater % of the S early and post data.this fall. We use the cart now for data. With the 5 point scale we are within 20-40# on 1100 bushel semi loads. All our research is 20-40ac side by sides. The mixed blessing was our soybeans ended up a foot shorter than any of our others had branches off laterals like crazy and yielded 10 bushels above our overall average. I wish I could replicate the hail effect. Side note we didn't increase our total S in our program just splitting it up to multiple passes and ATS instead of AMS with the dry blend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)