AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

close calls on flying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Neb. Nick
Posted 1/13/2019 08:47 (#7241734)
Subject: close calls on flying

east central NE.
I know a lot of you on here fly or did fly small planes and wondering what close calls every one else have had. I was watching the flight channel on U tube the other night and where a jetliner hit a small plane. The jet did make it down ok , but the small one did not. Got me to remember , back in the 70 s I was taking flying lessons in Colorado while I was working down there. I was doing one of my first solo runs and landed in Pleublo sp and there was a big four engine United Jet there making touch and go. Talked to local man there and said they would send them there because Denver was to busy. I watched them do a few as it was kind of neat to see a big jet do that. I got clearance to take off and was putting out of the air port with the little 150 Cessna I was flying, heading to Colorado Springs. About 5 miles out, I started to hear the winning and roar of some jet engines and my plane started to shake and rumble. I knew what was happening but did not which way to go as I did not know if he was above or below or alongside me. Then he came in sight right above me. I was so close that I was afraid to push the controls down as I was afraid the tail would go up and hit him. It was very close. I then worried about the wake caused by him , so stayed at same level but was still shook around real good. I never told the flight instructor or any one about it as I was just a dumb beginner and thought somehow they would blame me. Looking back I should have got on the radio and chewed some ass at the control tower. I know they never saw me at all with there nose up . Watching u tube how they thought it was a spec on the windshield tell it was to late. I have had a few other close calls but this was the closest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)