AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transportation for a 8x30 ft transport auger East.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

jd4930
Posted 1/14/2019 17:29 (#7245043 - in reply to #7244916)
Subject: RE: Transportation for a 8x30 ft transport auger East.

Central ND
Bubba David - 1/14/2019 16:01

jd4930 - 1/13/2019 13:33

I realize that we all want things done as cheaply as possible but partial loads and backhauls are a couple phrases that commercial haulers hate......time is money and why should a hauler spend a bunch of their time loading/unloading etc for a discount rate?.

That may be the case in ND but not the rest of the country from truckers I've talked to have said. All the guys I've talked to don't mind back hauls as long as it covers fuel and they're not giving their work away. It doesn't really take that long to load and unload an auger if it's ready to go, even for a discount rate. I'd rather make money going back to where I came from than hauling an empty trailer. And that's not "just me" saying that, every single person I've talked to that trucks or used to trucks, always wants a back haul weather it's grain or goes on a flatbed/step deck.

Oh I agree 100% but in this day I can't believe there is too many commercial truckers left that don't have loads lined up both directions? With everything at a driver's disposal these days I would think with some planning they would be able to find well paying loads? We have had trucks haul equipment from 1000+ miles away to our farm and bounce less than 100 miles to get a full load heading off to another full load, etc. I agree anything is better than nothing but I just can't see trucks bouncing several hundred miles any more?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)