AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another land sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 1/12/2019 13:57 (#7240007)
Subject: Another land sale

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
SW Indiana --had the reputation for being wet sold on Nov. 14 --- 600+ acres Sold for a little over $4500 an acre

Almost all tillable --had pumps to handle the drainage tile on some land--had a bunch of tile but had the reputation for being wet

A local (BIG) coal mine bought over 300 acres of it for wetland mitigation

FWIW I bought 160 acres of it -all tillable -(sure some one NAT would ask if I thought it was CHEAP why didn't I buy)-80 acres of what I bought has a berm around it and pumps to pump out the tile
The other 80 of which i bought is gently rolling--

-I paid MUCH less than $4500 an acre--The coal mine didn't want what I bought because it had oil wells which paid $5000 royalty in 2018 on the ground I bought -(I got the oil lease --hope it keeps paying)-wetland mitigation don't work on land with an active oil lease---learn a lot at auctions

Don't know how else to say it but I am HAPPY--had no intention of buying or even going to the auction-just went because we were driving by the auction site and had time --wish I had looked at the land before the auction-Hope it all works out-We travel quite a bit in farming --this farm only 6 miles out of the way-Wish I had planned would have bought another 140 acres that tied in to the 160 I bought--

Really don't know if this fits anyplace in all the discussion on NAT about land values --Hope it works out for me--
I thought what I bought was a gift--but GOD only knows the future

Good farming

Dan

Thought I better add this land has problems that will require work I have purchased a 16" PTO pump (8000 gal a Min.) since the auction
Also needs some terraces to keep the water from the rolling ground to go on the flat land--there are few gifts in life

Edited by Dan Loehr 1/12/2019 14:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)