AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sidedressing corn with corn with ESN and Urea
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 1/13/2019 16:26 (#7242733 - in reply to #7242378)
Subject: RE: Sidedressing corn with corn with ESN and Urea

Mid-Michigan
mikeswoh - 1/13/2019 13:31

Worse corn I ever raised was with ESN side dress. Same field 28% dribbled on yielded over 200. They are pushing you towards ESN because it's a higher margin product and they don't have to worry about renting you an applicator just to do your 90 acres. I have never done it but I have heard of Agrotain treated urea having good results. If unless this place is the absolute cheapest I would find another place to buy my inputs from. Either they guy that was telling you this was dumb enough to believe it would be a good idea or he just doesn't care about you and only concerned with his margin.

Now if you want to raise a bad corn crop and fertilize the algae bloom in the river it's a great idea.

I think I raise some pretty good corn and believe in esn (at least the theory). I'm not going back to sidedress corn but expect 200 bushel corn. I am all conventional. All fertilizer is incorporated or applied 2x2 with the planter. Esn is only a small percentage of my n. I would use more but is cost prohibitive. I do think it works and I do think my roi is positive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)