AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 hyd drive and down pressure help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chris dds
Posted 1/13/2019 11:45 (#7242120 - in reply to #7239577)
Subject: RE: 20/20 hyd drive and down pressure help

Even if you don't want to do VR seeding, you need some kind of controller to tell the hyd drive how fast to turn for your ground speed and population. You should figure out what was used before to see if that will work or if you want a different system.

RowFlow is Precision Planting's system that controls hydraulic drives and row clutches. You need the RowFlow module, the cab module, and wiring harnesses to connect everything together and interface with whatever is presently on the planter. You will also need a speed source and a lift switch (to shut off the planter when you raise it up). Gen1 works just fine for that.

The downforce system will depend on what is on the planter and what you want it to do. If you want manual downforce....then all you need is an air compressor to pump up the bags. If you have some RUMs and weigh pins for the 20/20 it will tell you applied downforce, margin, etc. If you want automatic control, then you need AirForce and all of the related parts that go with it.

Precision Planting has very good instructions and manuals on their website. If you figure out what is presently on the planter, you should be able to figure out what you need to complete the system. There are typically some RowFlow parts on the classified section. You don't need any special tools, etc. to install RowFlow --just find the parts you need and read the manual. Installation is very straightforward and calibration is easy, too.

I have a Gen1 system with RowFlow to control my hyd drives and clutches. It works very well. We have used it 7 years and have not had any downtime.....just a few bad RUMs that I bought used and I think they were really old.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)