AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is water quality a trade-off for the benefits of no-till? (MSU article)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

OHKen
Posted 1/12/2019 08:21 (#7239282 - in reply to #7239262)
Subject: RE: Is water quality a trade-off for the benefits of no-till? (MSU article)

Ohio
I'm guessing your in an area that does not use tile ? I didn't read the article , but from the responses it must be about the old smoke machine in the tile demo ? How about this thought , you could also say that over the years since farmers have been using tile , the obesity of people has accelerated ! Edit to add ---- I did go back and read the 1 st paragraph and realized it was going to be another article bashing farmers for pollution in the Maumee bay ! What a crock ! Do we contribute ? Yes ! Are we the major source ? In my opinion , not by a long shot ! You remember the community that had/has all the problems with lead in their drinking water Flint Michigan ? Do you honestly think their sewage system is more state of the art ? Municipalities that release into the Lake Erie and Maumee basin contribute way more than ag ! Cross contamination of old storm water systems and old sanitary systems in municipalities make for nothing more than flushing the toilet , straight into the Lake ! Get the guys on here going about sludge being stockpiled on man made islands ! Who posted this load of crap ? Patlast ************ ?

Edited by OHKen 1/12/2019 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)