AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burdick-ration question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 1/12/2019 02:49 (#7239002)
Subject: Burdick-ration question

SC Wisconsin
I have always lightly cracked my corn when running it into the grinder and mixing with vitaplus sirloin builder. For whatever reason the corn this year seems to be much more brittle (maybe just drier) and it seems like i cant slow the grinder down enough to get it as coarse as i would like it- im getting way too much powder for my liking. Im thinking about pulling all the hammers out of the mill and just running it in the mixer whole. I know you feed this sort of a diet but i think i recall you mix in gluten pellets as well? Is that just to cheapen the diet up or is there another reason? I also start mine from newborns, they get a 19% starter through weaning then once they are eating that really well i switch them to corn and pellets. Do they take the whole corn ok being that small or how do you make that transition? Thanks

Wanted to add-since i have switch to this year corn and been gettimg more fines it seems like they are sort of stalling out at the end which is leading me to believe they are experiencing some acidosis which would make sense.

Edited by jcolli140 1/12/2019 03:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)