AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where does A and I aftermarket parts make their parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RickB
Posted 1/12/2019 04:30 (#7239017 - in reply to #7238971)
Subject: RE: Where does A and I aftermarket parts make their parts

Lincoln County. NC
Two Hawk - 1/12/2019 01:39

dougkleiss - 1/11/2019 07:10

Jd owns 51% of A and I and I think non union shops make the parts

It looks like they own it all now, from the 2010 Deere & company SEC report

"In December 2010, the company acquired the remaining 64 percent ownership interest in A&I Products, Inc....for approximately $48 million."

I had seen various percentages thrown about at times and was curious so a few googles found this report with the info https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/315189/000110465911070023/a1...

My experience with A&I has been that some parts are identical and some are poorer quality, its a crapshoot. All of the parts I have bought from A&I for my newer tractors have been lower quality but still serviceable. A few parts have been lower quality than the factory parts I was replacing, so I ordered Deere parts instead, but when I got the new Deere oem they were the same lower quality A&I part for twice the price.

Exactly. Some of the stuff is perfectly fine, other items are not manufactured correctly and can’t even be installed. Their customer service is usually pretty good. Every aftermarket parts supplier I have had experience with offers a certain amount of pure junk. You’ve just gotta wade through it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)